Eish! Lets get Popping!
This course is aimed at assisting delegates to develop their problem solving skills, to learn to ‘think different’ so that it can ‘make a difference’ in their daily worklife.
This IDEA GENERATING COURSE looks at:
- Are your thinking skills meeting our business’s Innovation Challenge?
- Ever thought about the way you think?
- Ever wondered what Einstein and Leonardo da Vinci had that you didn’t?
No, it wasn’t their brain capacity, but rather how they made use of it and applied their thinking.
Everything we do starts with our brain – the way we think, react to others, make decisions, choose careers, manage people, solve problems, etc. “The quality of your thinking will determine the quality of your future!” Edward De Bono
We all have the innate capacity for extra-ordinary ways of thinking. But over time much of this creativity has been subdued in favour of more ‘conventional’ thinking. If we could marry the respected conventional with the amazingly creative, then anything is possible!
WHY would you want to attend this training? ….because our minds are the most important tools in our business! The final outcome –business innovation!
To a large extent we are, as individuals, are the biggest single block to our own and our colleagues thinking … learn why and how to overcome it!
Competence is becoming a commodity. Information is becoming a commodity. State of the art technology is becoming a commodity…
So what is going to differentiate businesses or, for that matter, countries? How are these commodities going to be planned to deliver value? That means design. That means creativity. That means new ideas.
At this exciting learning intervention where you can ‘expect the unexpected’ – you are provided with the principles and tools required to understand what is required to develop and harness your thinking and idea generating strategies in order to open up a world of innovative solutions to challenges you face every day.
As a course participant you will receive a manual and workbook, toolkit, and a NBI Brain Profile to determine your thinking preferences, as well as a host of resources to start you on your journey of idea generation!
Key concepts that are explored: creative thinking, lateral thinking, innovation, innovation culture, thinking skills, thinking tools, idea generation techniques.
Go do one brave thing today – register your team for this exciting training!
How to turn your dreams into realities – based on the incredible work of Brian Mayne, who walked the walk and talked the talk.
Goals are the sparks that light the fire of our intention. They are the fuel that keeps our dreams alive, the determining factor that makes the difference between surrender and persistence!
Where traditional goal setting techniques focus on left-brain words, only using endless repetition. Goal Mapping uses words and imagery – the language of the subconcious. It is a skill for achievement in all areas of life.
Goal setting is a natural function of the brain. Making a decision triggers a subconscious process that transforms the decision into a deed. Learning the most effective way to set goals is the number one prerequisite for success in any endeavour, for any individual, team, or organisation. This is a wholebrain approach to goal setting.
This session can be combined with a Thinking Skills Preference Test (NBI) to assess the delegate’s brain profile so that the delegate can develop a wholebrain approach to work and life.
Thinx3 = Innovation
A basic introductory course on creative and lateral thinking that can be used to unlock creative potential and raise awareness on the necessity of such skills in the workplace, and as a core foundation to build on for innovation. Participants will be provided with the principles, tools and techniques required to develop and harness their thinking and idea generating strategies in order to open up a world of innovative solutions to challenges they face every day.
After completion of the course, participants will understand:
- The importance and benefits of thinking differently as a tool for innovation.
- Understand the fundamentals and principles of creative and lateral thinking.
- How they think, why it is important to think better and the different thinking styles and preferences that impact on everything one does.
- The idea-generating process and will be applying it in the training session, with an actual real-life challenge or problem.
- Various thinking tools and techniques that can be applied in a business context.
- The key individual competencies that are important to Innovation.
- The key principles and practices of Innovation. The importance of an
- Innovation Team.
- How to assist in driving innovation within their team context and the organization.
By participating in this course, you will also derive the following benefits:
- Recognize and understand your thinking style, by completing the NBI
- Thinking Instrument. You will receive a complete assessment and guide.
- Learn and practise generating breakthrough ideas on demand.
- Learn how to practice and embrace whole-brain thinking.
- Learn how to create an environment for maximum idea generation.
- Learn how to exercise your brain so that you can think faster and smarter.
- Participants will receive a manual, workbook and toolkit, and an NBI
- Thinking Assessment, as well as access to numerous resources that will assist in developing their skills further
With its focus on asking instead of telling, listening and building consensus, facilitation is the essential skill for anyone working collaboratively with others. It is a competence that can assist in different contexts – from meetings, strategic sessions, workshops, board meetings, staff meetings, ideation sessions, groups, communities, teams through to online facilitation, online social media groups, and communities.
Facilitation skills are particularly important for managers, people leading teams or projects, but most people will find them valuable. Actually everyone working with teams, groups, client groups and who have to run meetings should equip themselves with these valuable business tools. Many people walk out of meetings daily, thinking what an unproductive and time-waster the meeting was, just because the person did not know how to facilitate for effectiveness.
Target participants for this programme are managers, business leaders, project managers, office professionals leading meetings or groups – actually any business professional who has to facilitate or will be facilitating either in a formal or informal context, and who would like to develop their facilitation competency. This is a valuable tool for your career success.
As a course participant you will receive a workbook, toolkit, and a NBI Thinking Profile to determine your facilitation preference and how to use it as a tool to facilitate and understand others. There will be a host of resources to start you on your journey of facilitation, as well as support for the way ahead.
Key learning areas to be covered include:
- Facilitation and the role of the facilitator
- Greater understanding of the nature of facilitation
- Human behaviour and thinking preferences
- Self-insight and the impact of your thinking preferences on your style
- How to deal with difficult group behaviour
- Facilitation methods, designs and tools to assist you
After completing the course, participants will be able to demonstrate:
- Greater understanding of the nature of facilitation
- Knowledge of the many factors that contribute to successful facilitation
- Enhanced facilitation skills
- Greater understanding of the skills required and tools to use for online sessions