30 SECONDS of your time
Try saying that more than 5 times.
It took me less than 30 seconds of my time to say those famous words from Mary Poppins.
In the grand scheme of things, 30 seconds doesn’t seem like a substantial amount of time, but a lot can happen in half a minute.
You may be lost in thought – what exactly is the 30 second rule?
Today I will have the pleasure of enlightening you about how 30 seconds can really be treasured, and how the rule can save you from embarrassing moments or even far more better – make you more productive!
Here I was timing 30 seconds on my phone, pondering – when did 30 seconds really mean something substantial to me?
There I was Sunday Morning standing in front of my bathroom mirror, with absolute mixed feelings – from anxious to excitement – as I knew that EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING was about to change with a pregnancy test in my hand – and if you didn’t know already – it takes 30 seconds to reveal the results! Yes – it was positive! And yes – everything did change!
I am curious – what would 30 seconds mean to you?
- 30 Seconds swimming in an Olympic race would mean something to Michael Phelps
- A recovering alcoholic sitting in front of his favourite stiff drink deciding whether or not to quench his thirst – 30 seconds could change his journey.
- A chef frying up a steak to perfection – 30 seconds would determine if the customer returns or not
- A victim lying on the ground in an accident scene while paramedics perform CPR – 30 seconds could be life or death
Ladies and gentlemen – I ask you the question again – what does 30 seconds mean to you?
If you really think about it, you will probably be able to identify the numerous times during the day when you have 30 sec to spare, for instance:
- Waiting for an elevator
- Waiting in a grocery line
- Or even waiting for someone to answer your call!
After extensive research, I would like to inform you that 30 sec is enough time for you to accomplish some productive and beneficial things, you just need to learn to use those 30 seconds on something positive for yourself.
Here are 5 tips to beneficially use 30 seconds to your advantage:
- Micro-meditate: Taking even just a tiny bit of time out of a hectic day to close your eyes and take a few deep breaths can really help you clear your head and overcome stress and anxiety.
- Stretch: You’ve got to stay flexible, and 30 seconds is pretty much the perfect amount of time to hold any given stretch. It feels great and it can be relaxing. And the more you do it, the more flexible you’ll become.
- Boost your confidence and mood with an affirmation or inspirational quote
- Set a tiny goal: It takes more than 30 seconds to achieve most goals, but it doesn’t take very long to set them, whether it’s a goal for the day, week, month, year or life.
- Stay hydrated: Your brain is approximately 75% water, and it’s the first place in the body to lose water. Your brain needs water to think clearly. Drink a glass of water.
Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it, your time is your life.